It all started when...
Firstly, let’s talk about the name. I want to create a Podcast for people who love to ride a bike, but are tired of being spoken to as if they are Tour de France contenders or get great pleasure in hucking off a 50 ft cliff, standard fodder for most of the marketing materials bike companies seem to think make you want to go out and buy a bike. For most people there is so much more to the idea of riding a bike than this and I didn’t want to limit what we talk about to one narrow subject. Hence Bikes And…which can be followed by kids, community, beer, dogs, food, raising money for a great cause, cruising the hood, staying fit, etc. So, as I create episodes I’ll focus on these diverse topics, and more.
I’m going to create a 15-30 minute podcast once a month. I will include interviews, and public interest stories and I also want to include as much content from you, the bike riding listener, as possible. I’ve got a bunch of ideas about what this might include in the future but if you want to share any of the following, I’d love to hear from you.
- If you have any thoughts about stories I can tell, I’d love to talk. Did you meet your partner on a bike? Has a bike helped you to overcome an obstacle in your life? Did you have your bike stolen, only to find it again in some crazy way?
- How have bikes changed your community?
- Want to get some free publicity for a bike ride that’s raising some money for a great cause? Let’s talk
- What do you listen to when you are riding a bike?
- Why did you start riding a bike in the first place?
- What do you do to keep fit during the winter?
What’s the best way to contact me?
Lastly, putting this whole podcast thing together aint free! I know this is asking a lot, but if you felt like contributing, even if it’s a small amount, I’d really appreciate it. Donate here.